Health Care Organizations
Successful hospitals, health systems and rendering service
providers (e.g. radiologists and medical
laboratories) are learning organizations and professionals who
endeavor to continually improve care quality and patient safety while
optimizing efficient resource utilization. Sage HMS found that using RadWise® — a bi-directional (MD-to-MD) imaging clinical decision support tool for diagnostic imaging — not only facilitated the appropriate ordering of diagnostic imaging but also improved
quality care by enhancing communication between professionals.
Sage HMS applications help organizations realize these quality improvement objectives:
Ensure complete and accurate orders of diagnostic tests
- Orders received are assured of having been vetted via evidence-based imaging clinical decision support.
- Providers have confidence in the decision-making criteria behind each order.
- Orders include all signs and symptoms, as well as corresponding ICD-9 and CPT-4 Codes.
- Capture complete diagnostic testing data, available for analysis, studies, or negotiation.
Improve administrative efficiencies
- Communication is improved via standardized documentation of case information.
- Scheduling delays decrease because only those cases appropriate for that particular facility's capabilities are received.
- Responsiveness to referral requests is enhanced.
- Billing mandate compliance becomes systematic.
Enhance risk management
- Mitigate malpractice exposure through standardized documentation and a repeatable decision-making process.
Increase business opportunities with payers
- Recognition from taking a leadership role on important healthcare issues.
- Create a differentiating competitive advantage.
- Potential for financial incentives by payers for embracing well-implemented patient safety and quality solutions.